Subject: [Leica] Wine (WAS: IMGs: At the Exhibition)
From: imra at iol.ie (Douglas Barry)
Date: Mon, 20 Feb 2017 12:00:20 -0000

There are just under forty of us in the society. We have been buying and
storing (at no cost) for years, and currently have over 1,000 bottles. Yes,
we've had difficulty with the supercharging of prices, and paused
judiciously for a couple of years, but equally, we have bought at times of
distress for others and benefitted.  C'est la vie.

The very nature of fine wine is its value tends to increase during the
drinking window as supply diminishes and reputation enhances. Paper never
refuses ink and the world is full of people who are opinionated about wine.
We tend to store for at least fifteen years, and, for instance, have sold
Laffite during the Chinese bubble to buy three times as much equivalent
wine.  That said, if we do read something that worries us, we have an egm
and the chateau vintage at issue will be lifted from the cellar, allowed to
stand upright for at least two days, and tested by at least 12 people at
minimum.

Douglas