Subject: [Leica] The "problem" with the M9
From: steve.barbour at gmail.com (Steve Barbour)
Date: Wed, 4 Jan 2017 17:21:24 -0800

> On Jan 4, 2017, at 4:52 PM, Frank Filippone <red735i at verizon.net> wrote:
>
> I suspect, given expert capabilities, that one COULD fool the eye, and the
> computer driven measurement systems  between a color image converted to B+W
> or a B+W capture.
> The other way around is REALLY tough..... And no, I do not possess those
> abilities.  But to my eyes, the conversion is pretty believable.  that is
> sufficient.....for me.
>
> So it becomes a one way system, just like in film days.... shoot Digi-B+W,
> and the game is over.  Shoot Digi-Color, and options abound.

This makes it sound like the choice ought to be a very easy one.    But   !
 the other consideration is what are you after, I suggest that if you know
where you want to go with the shot( ie BW or color),  you have more options
to work at the time of shooting, and you can go for it,   If you don?t know
what you are after you when you take the shot, you actually limit your
taking options, even though you may increase your making options. To me, the
question is which way  works overall to make consistently  better pictures
and which way do you enjoy.

steve