Subject: [Leica] Lock Both Up
From: chris at chriscrawfordphoto.com (Christopher Crawford)
Date: Thu, 10 Nov 2016 13:46:27 -0500

That the best you can do Steve? Right after Ted asks us to be nice to each
other. I noticed you did?t argue with what I wrote; you went for a
personal attack instead.

In case anyone missed my earlier explanation of why I did the political
photos:

I photographed political signs and protests in Indiana because they are a
part the culture of the people here. I showed an overwhelming number of
pro-trump and anti-clinton signs; not because I supported Trump, but
because that was the reality here. In the city of 260,000 people I live
in, I saw a total of just FOUR pro-Clinton signs. Not only were there
hundreds more Trump signs, but many were handmade, indicating a much
greater personal dedication to Trump than would be the case with people
displaying the signs given out by the candidates and parties.

Like it or not, Indiana was solid Trump country. He won here in a
landslide. I believe he got 65% of the vote, Hillary got about 30%, and
Gary Johnson got about 5%. The results in Indiana did not surprise me. I
have lived here most of my life and I understand the political views of
the people here. I expected Trump to win Indiana, but I am surprised that
he won the overall election, given the extreme fear and hate that he
triggered in so many Americans (and for good reason!).

Like it or not, Trump is going to be our next president. The next four
years will be a very interesting time to be out there documenting our
country with a camera, and I will be out there every day doing so, as I
have been doing for the last 25 years. I will do so in the same
straightforward and honest manner in which I have always worked. That
means I will sometimes show things that some find offensive, scary, or
sad. I don?t care what anyone else thinks of that. You all have cameras;
go out and use them to make your own document of our world if you don?t
like my work.

--
Chris Crawford
Fine Art Photography

Become a fan on Facebook

On 11/10/16, 12:28 PM, "LUG on behalf of Steve Barbour"
<lug-bounces+chris=chriscrawfordphoto.com at leica-users.org on behalf of
steve.barbour@
<mailto:steve.barbour at gmail.com>steve.barbour at gmail.comgmail.com

Replies: Reply from george.imagist at icloud.com (George Lottermoser) ([Leica] Documentary Photography)