Subject: [Leica] IMGs: Art x 3 at Nice
From: imra at iol.ie (Douglas Barry)
Date: Thu, 27 Oct 2016 23:40:36 +0100

Here are three pictures that I took in or around Nice that have art in them.
>From the undeniably talented Daubin' Jacques Splash at Villefranche railway
station, to Arman and his Hammered at MAMAC, and thence to Vielle Cite to a
plaque to Catherine - a Niccard heroine who allegedly lifted her dress and
flashed her bare bottom at the Turkish troops. Apparently, the blatant
immodesty caused them to run away in shock. O that such a ploy it would work
with Daesh... In the noble spirit of self sacrifice I'd undertake to pick
and train the "shock troupes" myself.

A bravura splash of graffiti on the station building at Villefranche, Cote
d'Azur, France. Fuji X100S. See LARGE.
http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/DouglasBray/France/Cote+dAzur+2016/Villefranche+1+Gare.jpg.html

The remnants of a Triumph Spitfire after the reinterpretation of Giovanni
Michelotti's design by the artist Arman at MAMAC, Nice, Cote d'Azur, France.
Fuji X100S. See LARGE.
http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/DouglasBray/France/Cote+dAzur+2016/Nice+31+MAMAC+Arman.jpg.html

Catherine Segurane memorial at Vielle Cite, Nice, Cote d'Azur, France. Fuji
X100S. See LARGE.
http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/DouglasBray/France/Cote+dAzur+2016/Nice+62+Nice+Vielle+Cite+Catherine+Segurana.jpg.html

Douglas

Replies: Reply from jayanand at gmail.com (Jayanand Govindaraj) ([Leica] IMGs: Art x 3 at Nice)