Subject: [Leica] Leica announces Summaron-M 28mm f/5.6
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Wed, 19 Oct 2016 19:24:48 -0400

Its been "f 1.4 and 10 grand USD and if you can't afford it you can go buy a
Pentax" although we know there's plenty of used glass out there which is not
hurting.

For awhile Leica has all been making faster and more expensive than anyone
had ever heard of glass much as I'm a fan of our new leader over there.

Now its  "Leica! Its not just for Hedge fund operators anymore".
Its almost like not just the few few can afford new Leica glass.

I'd love them go back to the old model of all the major focal lengths and
have slow, fast and medium options.
All in a big price grid like they used to have with three columns.
And the slow compact lightweight ones would be the ones I'd be most often
getting. I do think they make plenty off the camera bodies themselves. They
can make glass for everybody.