Subject: [Leica] Some Photojournalism on my Blog: Controversial exhibition of a statue of Franco
From: lluisripollphotography at gmail.com (lluisripollphotography)
Date: Wed, 19 Oct 2016 02:50:19 +0200

Gerry, Jayanand, Nathan

It is difficult explain this, I will try?. The City Council has organized an
exhibition of the past years of the Franco?s dictature with documents,
pictures etc? of the facts from the Civil War up to the Democracy, outside
the place where is this exhibition they have installed 2 statues from the
times of the Dictator, these was in the warehouse of the City Hall. One is a
symbol of the victory of the Franco?s Army and the other one of Franco on a
horse, this one is headless, this statue was in the Montjuic Castle, in 2008
it was out to the City warehouses, one day the statue has appeared without
the head of Franco and nobody know what?s happened.

For the young people that they haven?t know the Dictature it could be
interesting such exhibition, which is the problem? The exhibition and the
statues are placed in ?El Born?, the place where the Catalan Army was
defeated by the Spanish and French Army in 1714 and Catalonia has lost their
Rights, actually this is a cultural place, it was not necessary do the
exhibition in such place and neither put the Franco statue in the street, it
has been saw as an incitement? a provocation.

This provocation on a moment that is a hard politic discussion between
Catalonia and the Spanish Government is still worst, in a Country that the
Spanish State has not yet asked for forgiveness all the things of the
dictature and the Franco?s tomb is still in ?El Valle de los Caidos?, a
monumental construction made by the fascists to the victims of the Civil War.

I don?t want continue ?. I want avoid any political discussion on the list

Thanks for fo have take a look and commented

Lluis