Subject: [Leica] Why Pros in general and us mateurs do NOT or SHOULD NOT use Leica......
From: tmanley at gmail.com (Tina Manley)
Date: Thu, 6 Oct 2016 21:55:08 -0400

My advice is to find someone in the Leica repair chain and make friends
with them.  Be courteous and polite and mention how much you love Leica
(not a lie because I do)  I had a professional account with Leica, but I'm
not even sure if that category exists anymore.  I do know that if you have
contacts within the system they can help expedite your repairs.  If I tell
them that I need a camera or lens back by a certain date for an assignment,
I always get the camera or lens back by that date.  They have never failed
me.

Every time I have sent something in to Leica to be repaired, it has been
repaired.  That is not true for Canon.  I had a very expensive (for Canon)
24 mm lens that fell completely apart not long after I got it.  I sent it
back to Canon and got a speedy repair but it still didn't work and they
never got it to work.  All of my Leica stuff works.

Tina