Subject: [Leica] IMG: Cooperative Gulf Fritillary - Jim
From: photo.philippe.amard at gmail.com (Philippe Amard)
Date: Mon, 17 Oct 2016 21:11:55 +0200

Nice Jim

Well done!

OTT: I saw the merco convertible in your gallery and I know you're
interested both in mechanics and history. The merco reminded me of peugeot.

Wiki quote: The ?clipse was significant as the first of many Peugeot coupes
with a steel roof that would fold and stow in the boot/trunk.[1]
<https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Peugeot_402#cite_note-Odin.2C_L.C._1939-1>[4]
<https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Peugeot_402#cite_note-Automobilia1937-4>The
retractable
hardtop <https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Retractable_hardtop> mechanism had
been designed, and in 1931 patented, by Georges Paulin
<https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Georges_Paulin>: the mechanism was bulky by
more recent standards and necessitated a very long tail end. Despite the
generous length of the 3,150 mm (124 in) wheelbase, this first application
of the technology came with just two seats. Interest in the ?clipse
resurfaced more than half a century later with the ?reinvention? of the
retractable hardtop by the 1995 Misubishi 3000GT Spyder
<https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mitsubishi_GTO> and subsequent
popularization of the concept by cars such as the Mercedes-Benz SLK-Class
<https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mercedes-Benz_SLK-Class>.[8]
<https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Peugeot_402#cite_note-nyt-8>
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Peugeot_402

Amities