Subject: [Leica] My M9 is back. Firmware 1.204
From: red735i at verizon.net (Frank Filippone)
Date: Wed, 12 Oct 2016 01:03:54 -0400

To recap, the M9 died on me in May, on day 8 of a 6 week trip. The sensor
glass cover plate came loose. It was returned to Leica USA to be fixed
(free), received by Leica roughly July 12.   It was returned to me. Today.

The paperwork included with the camera states that there was a 1.5 x1 seal
as part of the repair. There is no mention of sensor replacement nor glass
cover plate.

The camera has firmware version 1.204.

What I think is that the new corrosion resistant cover glass was installed,
not a complete sensor replacement. (OK with me).

  We do know that the current firmware for original M9 sensors is 1.202, and
that those cameras that had "replaced sensors" have the current version
1.204. I think that the 1.204 has some tweaks for the different sensor glass
characteristics, probably color transforms.

Since my camera needed a re-install of the cover glass plate, Leica used a
new seal for the cover plate, and the camera has 1.204 firmware, I believe
the complete. sensor was not replaced, only the cover plate, with the new
non-corroding glass plate.

For those concerned about corroded sensor replacement, it is apparent Leica
can repair the camera by a less extensive replacement of the offending cover
glass plate rather than the entire sensor.

Frank Filippone
  Red735i at verizon.net

Replies: Reply from photo.philippe.amard at gmail.com (Philippe Amard) ([Leica] My M9 is back. Firmware 1.204)