Subject: [Leica] Experimenting with the iPhone
From: sonc.hegr at (Sonny Carter)
Date: Mon, 19 Sep 2016 19:50:57 -0500

If you didn't pre-order, then 7's are backordered into October and November
depending on the model and color.

On Mon, Sep 19, 2016 at 7:22 PM, George Lottermoser <
george.imagist at> wrote:

> Thanks Ken. As soon as i put the question out there I went to the
> ProCamera app and saw that I could choose RAW (I'd already upgraded to 10).
> Then Steve showed the petapixel article; and I downloaded the Lightroom
> Mobile app. So I'm beginning to see the possibilities opening up.
> a note off the iPad, George
> On Sep 19, 2016, at 7:10 PM, Ken Carney <kcarney1 at> wrote:
> > Mine is an iPhone SE, same camera as the 6s but much smaller build, like
> the iPhone 5.  To accomplish that, in a rare flash of good sense IMHO,
> Apple chose to make the front (selfie) camera much lower resolution.  I
> downloaded Lightroom Mobile, but could not find a way to use dng.
> Somewhere in the back pages, Apple states that you must first upgrade to
> iOS 10.  I did that and gained the ability to use dng (the camera app now
> gives a choice between jpg and dng).  As an aside, the FBI Special Agent in
> charge of cyber crime here gave a presentation to our firm, where he urged
> upgrading to the latest iOS because of serious security issues (that is all
> I know about software engineering.)  I still have not worked my way through
> syncing LR Mobile and LR Desktop. All I know is that after upgrading to iOS
> 10, a collection of synced photos has appeared on LR Desktop.  I have not
> been able to determine if these are source images or if those are still on
> the phone.  May the Schwartz be with y
>  ou.

Natchitoches, Louisiana

Message from kcarney1 at (Ken Carney) ([Leica] Experimenting with the iPhone)
Message from george.imagist at (George Lottermoser) ([Leica] Experimenting with the iPhone)