Subject: [Leica] IMG: More ancient airplanes
From: tedgrant at shaw.ca (Ted Grant)
Date: Tue, 13 Sep 2016 10:15:56 -0700

Hi Peter,
Another part of my flying story?
SPITFIRE vs MUSTANG?
My favourite plane  was always the "SPITFIRE" and it was advertised in the
UK flight mags. they could be booked for a fee? But a wait time?
The fee was $5000.oo and a 3 year wait time! :-(
I neither had the funds nor wait time! :-(
So when I saw a west coast USA magazine story out of Seattle about the
Olympia, Washington Air Museum and it's donation plan for a flight in a
Mustang? I showed it to my wife Irene, still alive at the time. She
responded?
--"HAPPY 76 BIRTHDAY! Get it organized as that's your birthday present!"--
:-) And smiled! :-)
This coming from the lady I married 15 Oct. 1949, who gave me a camera for
my birthday 27 May 1950.
And set me upon the world in a profession beyond your wildest imagination.
With the first front page news photo published 17 September 1951! OTTAWA
CITIZEN NEWSPAPER!
And I'm sort of still here at the sweet age of 76 fun loving incredible
years! With medical, photography, & cowboy books published! Not to forget a
photo legacy of 300,000 images archived in Canada's National Archives and
National Art Gallery.  :-)
There you are Peter, so next time you see the pilots you have bit of an
addendum how it came about?  :-)
cheers,
Dr. Ted Grant C.M.  O.C.