Subject: [Leica] IMGs: About those iPhones
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Thu, 25 Aug 2016 17:40:28 -0400

Its very frustrating to me to run into people who tell me how excited they
are about photography, image making and make long trips to make images but
in a million years can't understand why they'd have to put down their iPhone
for one second and maybe  buy a camera. I'm meeting a lot of people who
don't own cameras. But I do see scores of people, tourists from all over the
world in Times square who are doing their shooting with full DSLR'S though
most of them are more compact cropped format consumer cameras costing well
under a grand. But I always see people with tripods shooting the Flatiron
Building as well as in Times Square. And that's more hard core than me.
Camera use is being challenged in some senses. But the people who think
their iPhones is  their camera would be using a cheap point and shoot anyway
like most people always did.
I notice just out yesterday the new flagship Canon DSLR Mark 5 something has
built it wifi you can  post a shot you'd have just taken right to your
Facebook, Instasgram etc so your friends can see what you had for lunch
before you even eat it. More importantly perhaps you can controll your Canon
with your iPhone. This means you don't have to ever put your phone down.
People are lost without them... they like that light shining in their face.