Subject: [Leica] IMGs: About those iphones
From: tmanley at gmail.com (Tina Manley)
Date: Thu, 25 Aug 2016 15:59:52 -0400

I hear you loud and clear, Ted.  But if you can't beat them, you have to
join them.  My stock agencies are all accepting photos from iPhones now and
they pay the same thing for them that they do my photos from Leicas!  Which
is not much.

Prices have gone down so far it's unbelievable, but they don't care anymore
how your photos were taken.  There used to be a list of approved cameras
and anything that didn't measure up was rejected.  No more!!  They will
accept any photos from any device!

This week, Alamy has sold three of my photos, all taken with Leicas - one
from Cuba, one from China, and one from South Carolina.  The prices they
sold for were $5.42, $14.99, $10.83 all for 5 year's use!!  And my cut is
half of that!!  It's only Thursday so I'm hoping for a good day tomorrow.
It takes so much time to keyword the photos that I'm sure I'm not making
minimum wage!!  Alamy is not my only agency but they are my main one.

I may be sending in more iPhone photos!  It's certainly easier to carry and
since everybody in the world is using one, you can be invisible.

I would hate to have to enlarge the iPhone photos to 24" x 36", though,
like the prints for my exhibit of the Syrian refugee children.  Those were
all from my Leicas and even small crops enlarged that big look great!  I'll
always depend on Leica when it really matters.

Tina