Subject: [Leica] IMG: Trucks Rule !
From: imra at iol.ie (Douglas Barry)
Date: Sat, 30 Jul 2016 17:32:28 +0100

Well I'll be trucked, Jim.
Over here it's all SUVs - Range Rovers, Porsche Cayennes etc, just because
they want to feel safe when they drive the children all of 500 metres to
school. Very little of that truck style of vehicle around here, but if there
was, I might explore my youth again and hang on to the back of them when
cycling up a hill.

Fifty years ago and more, we had a lot more small flat backed lorries, and
battery operated vans that you hang on to and scutt a tow. Before I cycled
to school, I used to get the bus. Where I got off near my school, the local
dairy was also nearby and had streams of horse drawn drays delivering
bottles of milk around the surrounding neighbourhoods. Even without a bike,
a quick sprint would enable you to catch one, grab the back of the flat
back, and swing your legs onto the back axle. You would them be carried
along in style. Well, as boys, we thought it was style at the time... :-)

Douglas