Subject: [Leica] M8 failure in rain
From: tedgrant at shaw.ca (Ted Grant)
Date: Sat, 23 Jul 2016 16:07:05 -0700

Hi Richard,
I've had my M8 out in rain a number of times as well as a couple of bloody
awful snow blizzards.
Never a problem.
Now you realize that I have confessed that! The next time out and even a
mild shower and a couple of rain drops fall on the camera??????? :-(
It will crap out! :-(  Other than the few times I've encountered weather
situations with my M8 it has never failed me  at anytime. Or later!
Sorry to hear of your rain misadventure, I hope others have an answer? My
bottom line bet is?  You'll probably have to send it into LEICA!  :-(cheers,

Dr. ted Grant  C.M.