Subject: [Leica] Carbon Printing... any experiences?
From: meino at innerside.demon.nl (Meino de Graaf)
Date: Sat, 18 Jun 2016 21:27:58 +0200

Lluis

for color work the 1500 is ok. However for B&W it is not as good as the
9 ink pigment printers of epson or canon. The problem is metamarisme
(color changes under influence of the light. A B&W print can be too
green or too magenta depending on the light that is used to view the
print). Lyson inks are british,and are sold by Marutt. They are an old
name and are good quality. A few years ago I found farbenwork as
alternative for Marutt (which was at that time a little expensive for
shipping and handling). Farbenwork is a german company, which is for me
(in the Netherlands) very convenient, because delivery is fast (1-2
days). Because archival properties of the inks are not the most
important aspects of the inks for me, I switched to their Pigmaira range
of inks that are a little cheaper. One remark, if you start using these
3rd party inks, it is the best to be able to make your own print
profiles using for instance a Spyder analyser.

Regards Meino