Subject: [Leica] M9 reliability
From: peter.cheyne at gmail.com (Peter Cheyne)
Date: Tue, 14 Jun 2016 07:22:14 +0900

Thank you, Jay.

That's very helpful!

Peter

Peter,
The current sensors are the redesigned ones, so it'll have that installed.
Hard to tell from a pic of the sensor, what you need to do it take a
photo of a clear blue sky or solid light neutral color wall with the
lens stopped down to around f/11 to f/16 and then examine the image.
This has a good visual so you can see what it looks like:
http://tinyurl.com/hvfwthm
http://petapixel.com/2014/12/10/leica-users-seeing-widespread-sensor-corrosion-issue-company-offers-free-replacements/

Jay