Subject: [Leica] M9 reliability question
From: boulanger.croissant at gmail.com (Peter Klein)
Date: Tue, 31 May 2016 22:43:31 -0700

According to Leica, it has sourced a new version of the sensor. The sensor
itself is the same, but it has a different cover glass coating that is not
prone to the corrosion problem.  The new sensors became available a while
back. Up until that time, if you got a replacement sensor, it was the old
version, which could have the same problem. Now, you get a new version,
which shouldn't.

My (original version) Monochrom is at Leica NJ right now getting a new
sensor.  I waited until the new sensor version was available, which came a
few months after the color M9 sensor. Then I sent it in.

There has been a lot of discussion of this on various Leica-oriented sites.

--Peter