Subject: [Leica] EF lenses on the SL
From: red735i at verizon.net (Frank Verizon 2 2016)
Date: Fri, 27 May 2016 06:50:42 -0400

Commlite has developed the Nikon G lens to Sony A7 adapter that incorporates
AE, AF, and full metering options.

$400 or so.   Will not work with pre mkii bodies.

Sony, Canon EOS, and Leica SL bodies interface electronically with the lens.
older Nikon, Canon FD, and R lenses are all mechanically connected. The
interface from mechanical to electronic is not as trivial.

For the relatively minor cost of the adapter, plus the improvements in post
software, and as Tina already owns the lenses, it is certainly worthwhile to
test if the idea of Canon lenses on the SL ls a workable option.

The results will be very interesting.

Note:  I wonder if Leica subcontracted Novoflex to design and manufacture
the R lens to SL body adapter?  It would make a lot if sense.

Frank Filippone

Sent from my iPad

On May 27, 2016, at 12:23 AM, Steve Barbour <steve.barbour at gmail.com>
wrote:

> On May 26, 2016, at 9:13 PM, Steve Barbour <steve.barbour at gmail.com>
> wrote:
>

>> On May 26, 2016, at 7:30 PM, Aram Langhans <leica_r8 at hotmail.com>
>> wrote:
>>
>> Great.  Wonder if there will be a Nikon G lens adapter? I notice that
>> there is still none for Sony that allows lens control. Maybe something
>> Nikon is doing, or not doing, that makes this impossible.

I do not know. I was told that the adapter maker must do this independently
(at least for the Canon lenses.) Clearly the situation will vary depending
on the source of money, and on the presence or absence of legal
encouragement.

steve

Message from leica_r8 at hotmail.com (Aram Langhans) ([Leica] EF lenses on the SL)
Message from steve.barbour at gmail.com (Steve Barbour) ([Leica] EF lenses on the SL)