Subject: [Leica] IMGs: Belgian trip
From: imra at iol.ie (Douglas Barry)
Date: Mon, 2 May 2016 22:20:32 +0100

A couple of weeks ago, my wife and I went to Belgium to visit my son who is
working there. Since she was diagnosed with terminal cancer in August 2012,
it was been very up and down, and, despite planning many trips, they've
inevitably ended in cancellation just before the off. However, on this
occasion, we made it, and despite having to change rooms three times due to
issues in the Radisson Blu hotel in Brussels, enjoyed the break, and got to
see Brussels, Bruges, and Ghent.

I was very glad that Geraldine got the break as treatment has been somewhat
difficult, and, with many of her fellow patients succumbing to the
inevitable over the years, it has been hard both physically and emotionally.
Even today I got a call to say that one of my school classmates died on
Saturday from cancer. He and Geraldine were attending the same treatment
sessions at Vincent's Hospital, so it was difficult.

While Belgium definitely wasn't a photographic holiday as I had other
priorities, I took my Fuji X100S and the inevitable iPhone in my pocket with
me and took some snaps. Here's 60 of them, starting here
http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/DouglasBray/Belgium+Apr16/B4.jpg.html and
working to the right. Any with the label Fuji are taken with the X100S and
the unmarked ones are iPhone 5S.

Douglas

Replies: Reply from george.imagist at icloud.com (George Lottermoser) ([Leica] IMGs: Belgian trip)
Reply from gerry.walden at icloud.com (Gerry Walden) ([Leica] IMGs: Belgian trip)