Subject: [Leica] IMGs: Exploring Urban Colour-Chris
From: gerry.walden at icloud.com (Gerry Walden)
Date: Mon, 02 May 2016 09:31:11 +0100

Chris

Thank you for your comments which I take on board but I feel I have to
defend myself. I am not in any way using this ?gimmicky photoshopping as a
crutch? but more in an effort to explore the recreation of the look of the
work of people like Saul Leiter and Jay Maisel when they were shooting
Kodachrome back in the 50?s and 60?s. Now, I may have failed dismally in the
effort but that is where I am trying to get. I accept they are not
?realistic? but then what is? Realism is standing in front of the scene,
anything else is going to be a pastiche of reality, and these are about as
realistic as a black and white image.

Gerry