Subject: [Leica] You don't want no stinking LCD Display?
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Mon, 25 Apr 2016 21:53:59 -0400

We all know how useless and distracting a LCD display is on a digital camera
don't we? Why can't we shoot digital the same way we shot film?
Blind and hoping we got something.
This mindlessness represents a low for Leica which I never thought they'd
stoop to as there were guys on chat lists when digital was first  taking
over who complained about the monitor display of the M8 and DSLR's and the
apparent stupidity of those who used them referring to it as "chimping". God
forbid we should know whether we got the shot or not. They blazed on with
Tri X in D 76 1:1 determined to never change and not clog their minds up
with useless ideas of the present and future.
It's a digital camera made especially for those with no interest in digital
photography whatsoever.  In the end it will be a way for collectors to made
money making smart trades to to sharpen up their camera collections. It has
zero use in modern digital photography and is patently ridiculous. Leica
needs to stop reading chat lists for ideas on camera bodies to come out
with. Just because some idiot mentions it on a chat list doesn't mean they
have to come out with one.