Subject: [Leica] IMGS: Iran Photos
From: tmanley at gmail.com (Tina Manley)
Date: Mon, 25 Apr 2016 21:03:44 -0400

Thanks, Douglas.  There is a huge controversy in Iran about the Khomeini
shrine.  Many insist that he was a plain man who would be horrified at what
as been erected in his name.  The mullahs who were in charge of the shrine
insist that it has been done for the people with rooms for pilgrims to stay
and areas for picnicking and games.  My guide agreed with the ones who are
horrified and pointed out the difference between all of the glitter and
gold and the tomb of Cyrus the Great - a simple, stone, tomb that has
lasted for centuries.

Tina