Subject: [Leica] M7 body coming - Lluis
From: gerry.walden at icloud.com (Gerry Walden)
Date: Mon, 14 Mar 2016 14:39:24 +0000

I had an interesting chat with the guy who runs the lab I will use for my
b&w film processing today. We chatted about the best film to use, and his
opinion was that Fuji Neopan 400CN is the best now. he said it is easy for
them to process as it runs through the C41 chemistry, and scans beautifully.
I am currently trying to get hold of some, and chatting to Fuji. I will keep
you posted.

Gerry

> On 14 Mar 2016, at 11:53, Peter Dzwig <pdzwig at summaventures.com> wrote:
>
> Here develop and scan to CD is about ?10 (?12.50) which is in addition to
> film
> costs of course. Ilford charge extra.
>
> Peter
>
> On 13/03/2016 23:35, lluisripollphotography wrote:
>> Peter,
>>
>> I have the same bad experience, once I have ordered a scanned film, they
>> gave me Tiff files but very bad scans, at this moment, except if you go
>> to a high pro level the best is you scan yourself your negs and also
>> develop, here a professional developing cost some more than 10? per film
>> and I?m not sure how good is.
>>
>> Lluis
>>

>>> El 13 mar? 2016, a les 23:59, Peter Dzwig <pdzwig at summaventures.com>
>>> va escriure:
>>>
>>> I tend to agree but if you want C-41 you are quite limited...basically to
>>> Ilford, although there is some BW400CN still around on the shelves.
>>>
>>> If I can inject a word of caution: watch the processing workflow. A lot
>>> of these
>>> guys say that they will provide TIFFs or hi-res JPEGs. In my humble
>>> experience.
>>> I have processed four films recently, two through my (formerly
>>> excellent) local
>>> dev shop and two by Ilford.
>>>
>>> Neither came back as I requested as High Res TIFFs. Both the dev shop
>>> and Ilford
>>> returned scanned JPEGs. In the case of the dev shop the girls who now
>>> run it
>>> didn't seem to know what a TIFF was; to them developing was just a piece
>>> of
>>> workflow. Pop in the film at one end of the scanner and out pops a JPEG.