Subject: [Leica] Who to contact at Leica NJ?
From: hlritter at bex.net (Howard Ritter)
Date: Mon, 7 Mar 2016 16:54:47 -0500

I called customer service directly (selecting the service option) two weeks
ago and a very helpful lady told me I could ask for a reservation and expect
service in August, or just send my M9 in with a cover letter for immediate
service and expressing a wish to trade up to an MM. I did so the next day,
and a week later I received a form confirming sensor damage and my wish to
trade up. I called the next day, talked to the same lady, confirmed my wish,
gave her my credit card number. She confirmed that they had MMs in stock and
would ship in a couple of days. My MM arrived today at the UPS distribution
center in Raleigh where I?ll pick it up after returning from an out of town
trip 48 hrs from now.

Now, THAT is legendary service!

Fergit the email. Call!

?howard