Subject: [Leica] Using LR..... Questions..... Final Outcome.......
From: red735i at verizon.net (Frank Filippone)
Date: Sat, 27 Feb 2016 06:03:23 -0800

I did some more studying... The CATALOG must be on the local storage
devices.  The images MAY BE stored on network drives.

So it is the catalog that is really the only piece that must be duplicated
in my desired scenarios.  Not the images.

I could store the catalog on the laptop internal drive, WIFI the images
from the desktop storage drive, then copy the catalog back and forth to keep
them in synch on both computers....

I am not sure that would be faster in practice....but it could easily
eliminate the USB HDD.

Frank Filippone
Red735i at verizon.net

Indeed, just tried (LRCC on Mac)

'Lightroom Catalogs can not be opened on network volumes, removable storage,
or read only volumes'

john