Subject: [Leica] IMG: White-faced Ibis
From: wildlightphoto at earthlink.net (Doug Herr)
Date: Sat, 6 Feb 2016 15:26:02 -0800 (GMT-08:00)

Today I found a very cooperative White-faced Ibis (in winter plumage) at the
Yolo Bypass wildlife area:

http://www.wildlightphoto.com/SL/L1060111.jpg

SL/280/tripod.  I'm not sure I've got the colors nailed down yet but so far
so good.  Focussing the SL is a little different than the a7II.  With the
a7II when the bird is close enough there's a shimmering effect that tells me
it's in focus.  Beyond that distance focussing the a7II is more difficult
and I often rely on magnification.  I have yet to see the shimmering effect
with the SL but focussing without magnification seems to be more precise
with the SL compared with the a7II.  I've tried focussing as well as I could
without magnification and when I double-check magnified focus it's often as
good as it will get.  I'll practice more with it.

With the FD 500 L the SL will need more support than the a7II because the
Leica doesn't have sensor stabilization.

Doug Herr
Birdman of Sacramento
http://www.wildlightphoto.com
http://doug-herr.fineartamerica.com