Subject: [Leica] I rented the newer (Type 246) M Monochrom for the weekend; you won't believe what happened next.
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Sun, 10 Jan 2016 10:57:03 -0500

I shot a lot with Neopan 1600 first with Nikons then Leica M's in the 90's
and with Xtol 1:3 in the late 90's it looked as good if not better than non
tab grain 400 iso films in D76 1:1 so it was very exciting what those two
stoops could do for me though it meant for not a lot of f1 shots with my
Noctilux during the day.
Digital  however has given me  another two stop jump and those stops have
been well appreciated and another real boom to my work even on those rare
occasions when I shoot in the day.
Its looking like now at this stage of the game there has been another jump
of a few stops in photographers shooting and though I don't have any of
those cameras yet its all a matter of time.
If there ever was a more exciting time to be involved in serious photography
I don't know when that would  be.
But other than speed I'm hoping we have more monochrome options  with other
cameras and camera companies. Bayerless options. Not for children.