Subject: [Leica] OT? Wilfred Thesiger (Leica II)
From: pdzwig at summaventures.com (Peter Dzwig)
Date: Fri, 1 Jan 2016 17:32:50 +0000

I can only second that! A truly remarkable man. Very much "of his age", but
nonetheless extraordinary.

Like you I don't know how he kept his Leicas going - but then they many of
them
did. I have a book by Ella Maillart (
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ella_Maillart) in which all the photos have the
text "photo: Leica" underneath. She and her cameras kept going through
extreme
hardships across vast tracts of Central Asia.

Peter