Subject: [Leica] Ted's 'Order of Canada'
From: douglas.sharp at gmx.de (Douglas Sharp)
Date: Thu, 31 Dec 2015 10:47:11 +0100

Hi Ted and Gerry,

first off - my sincerest congratulations to Ted from
Germany, can't think of anyone who deserves it more.

secondly - done!

I just sent this off to Sandra Looke, head of Corporate
Communications at Leica (titled */Leica photographer
Ted Grant in Canadian honours list/*:

> Dear Ms Looke,
>

> The following extract from the Vancouver Sun may be
> of interest to Leica:
>
> *"Ted Grant*
>
> /Member of the Order of Canada/
>
> With a career spanning six decades, Ted Grant is
> regarded at the father of Canadian photojournalism,
> capturing unique and enduring images of Canadians
> from Ben Johnson?s Olympic victory to Prime Minister
> Pierre Trudeau sliding down a banister. In addition
> to the many awards and distinctions Grant has earned,
> the National Archives of Canada maintains the Ted
> Grant Photo Collection, comprising more than 280,000
> images. Another 100,000 images are curated by the
> National Gallery of Canada, the largest collection
> dedicated to any photographer."
>
> BTW: this website tells you more about Ted Grant:
> http://tedgrantphoto.com/Bio.htm
> and here is more about the Order of Canada:
> https://www.gg.ca/document.aspx?id=14940

Let's see what happens, she's back in the office on Jan. 4

Cheers
Douglas