Subject: [Leica] Go ahead, buy that Leica
From: jayanand at gmail.com (Jayanand Govindaraj)
Date: Tue, 22 Dec 2015 12:24:35 +0530

No problem at all if it is for business, and the income generated from the
asset will repay the debt.

Otherwise, how will you repay the loan? If your cash flow from other sources
are sufficient to do so, then there is no financial strain in buying Leica
equipment, and there is no problem, do so.

Let me give you an example, a little extreme, a little simplistic, to
illustrate what I mean. This sort of decision making is very common in US
households, where using credit card debt to finance luxuries is common.

If you have $10,000 on hand, and credit card dues of the same amount.
Instead of paying off the overdrawing, you go and buy a Leica SL. In effect,
you have borrowed $10k on your card to buy the camera, and it is going to
cost you $3000 to $4000 every year in interest cost alone, to buy an asset
that generates no income. Which is the better deal for your financial
security - paying off the credit card dues or buying the Leica?

Cheers
Jayanand

Sent from my iPad