Subject: [Leica] IMGS: Blacksburg Oyster Roast
From: tedgrant at shaw.ca (Ted Grant)
Date: Sun, 20 Dec 2015 09:53:21 -0800

Hi Tina,
LOVE IT! :-) That's what documentary photo reportage is all about! Tell
stories and show life during the time, start to finish covering all kinds of
events of similar nature here coast to coast during the year was my "tough
grind?" ;-) for many years. Usually I shot  B&W with a couple or more
Leica's hanging off shoulders and neck.
If the event was on for a day or a week I roamed about shooting a series of
storytelling type images that would be selected for the next magazine
published and eventually to the National Archives of Canada.
The Chief Editor would tell me?
"Hey Ted there's a "corn on the cob cooking festival" in SW Ontario so go do
your thing!" And away I went documenting it from start to finish! And those
type of assignments in locations all over Canada and overseas if it was of
interest to folks here at home?
But this was real photo story photojournalism rather than the "one street
photo a week if you're lucky?"
Beautiful look at life real-time. Thanks Tina.
cheers,
ted