Subject: [Leica] IMPORTANT: LUGbook 2015
From: richard at richardmanphoto.com (Richard Man)
Date: Fri, 18 Dec 2015 14:03:31 -0800

Dear LUG family and contributors:

I have a received a strong objection to making the change. Fundamentally,
it comes down to two things:

First, the nature of the policy change is unexpected and last minute. It is
true, if I have made the decision early on and made the announcement
earlier, then people who may object to this policy can debate or withhold
contributions. For this I apologize.

Second, there are questions of my exerting artistic preference over that of
the contributors. I need to digest this, as the mere fact that an editor
has to sequence the contributors in some ways regardless, even if we do it
simply by the first name or last name or other arbitrary ordering, it's a
decision on our parts.

The person is correct that this is not "my book", but nominally a "LUG year
book" although even there we have strayed a bit in previous years by
inviting other people into the fold.

I am somewhat torn on this and I welcome any discussion. I am not looking
for sympathy, or people to "beat up" on the person. I know from feedback
that someone will be unhappy regardless. However, personally I am more
concerned that it is true that I did not make the policy change early, and
this would appear to be a "bait and switch".

Thank you.

--

Replies: Reply from abridge683 at fastmail.com (Adam Bridge) ([Leica] IMPORTANT: LUGbook 2015)
Reply from imra at iol.ie (Douglas Barry) ([Leica] IMPORTANT: LUGbook 2015)