Subject: [Leica] Photo Books
From: imra at iol.ie (Douglas Barry)
Date: Sun, 13 Dec 2015 00:51:20 -0000

On photo books, I took out "A Year in Photography" - Magnum Archive - from
my local library a couple of weeks ago. I've only just finished it and quite
frankly some of it left me cold. In particular, I can't warm to to Antoine
d'Agata's stuff which comes across to me as pretty poor and there's too much
of it in that book. His photos look like they've been taken with a Lomo
that's been left on a hot radiator for too long. If he uses a Leica, Solms
must have their heads bowed.

Also on the book, they commit the major crime of not having an index.

Anybody else read the book?

Douglas