Subject: [Leica] Buying Leica gear from Hong Kong
From: jayanand at gmail.com (Jayanand Govindaraj)
Date: Thu, 10 Dec 2015 11:23:24 +0530

Nathan,
I have never bought camera stuff in Hong Kong, except for the Fuji 56mm
f1.2 last year, because long term Hong Kong resident, Howard Cummer
personally vouched for, and talked to his dealer. IMHO, the savings do not
offset the risk of buying anything electronic in Hong Kong for the casual
visitor. The shops there employ every unsavoury selling technique known to
man, starting with bait and switch. It seems their eyes gloss over in
gratitude every time a tourist walks in!

Singapore, on the other hand, has Cathay Photo, which though a trifle
expensive, is as trustworthy as any shop you could name, anywhere in the
world

Cheers
Jayanand