Subject: [Leica] XP-2 mini labs
From: kcarney1 at cox.net (Ken Carney)
Date: Sat, 28 Nov 2015 18:56:44 -0600

Some years ago I came down with kidney cancer.  My family was convinced,
without any particular information, that I had poisoned myself in the
darkroom.  I dismissed that, naturally, since I was careful with the
chemistry, especially platinum prints, had over-engineered air
filtration etc.  But later, I did ask my surgeon what causes kidney
cancer, anyway?  He said largely unknown, though the prototypical
example is someone working with aniline dyes. Later, I read somewhere
that aniline dyes are a component of film developers...info not shared
with the family if true.  I made silver dimes also...Now when they put
me under, the doctor will say poor Ken, if only he had stuck with the
darkroom instead of absorbing all that monitor radiation.

Ken