Subject: [Leica] Reuters bans RAW
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Thu, 19 Nov 2015 14:15:16 -0500

"?Speed is also very important to us. We have therefore asked our
photographers to skip labor and time consuming processes to get our pictures
to our clients faster.?"

'The bulk of the people sending in stuff to Rueters and AP are Rueters and
AP photographers who have never shot RAW in their lives but have been
hitting deadlines measured in minutes and seconds and sending off their
shots moments after taking them usually in a crowd of other photographers
all flashing their flashes. They are not shooting for their shots to be
enduring, they are not shooting quality work they seem to never have their
flash not on their cameras and never seem to turn them off.  Its this
mornings new flash.
I think if this was more about magazine work where your deadline is a week
away and its like National Geographic or something of some real enduring
quality than this would be way more of a travesty than it is.