Subject: [Leica] Reuters bans RAW
From: gerry.walden at icloud.com (Gerry Walden)
Date: Thu, 19 Nov 2015 07:46:12 +0000

The message quite clearly states that this is aimed at speed rather than
anything else. You have to remember that Reuters is a hot news agency in a
very competitive world, and photographers (whether Reuters or not) are
feeding stuff straight from their phones on to wi-fi links to picture desks
from all over the world. They are not saying in the article that you should
not shoot raw, they are saying basically don?t faff about just get us jpegs
as quickly as possible because modern jpegs are of such high quality from
the top-end cameras that we are happy. They do not want cropped images, they
want full images so that they can hen crop as necessary with some leeway to
move the crop box around the image.

Personally I can fully understand the move.

Gerry