Subject: [Leica] First IR photos with M8
From: red735i at verizon.net (Frank Verizon)
Date: Tue, 17 Nov 2015 06:38:27 -0500

First of all. The lens is probably the place to start.  Take the same
filter, same scene, but change the lens. What happens?  Different lenses
have different spectral responses... Do you prefer the signature of one over
another?  Some place I was reading about lenses that were tested for UV? Ir?
and there was a set of lenses that were tested and found "better" for the
purpose.  Note that they were not Leica, but rather lenses that would, for
normal photography, be considered mundane or less.

It might be valuable to you to review other IR shots from the WEB. while the
ability to find the setup (lens, filter, sensor, time of year), there is
some of that data available out there.

Scientific use of IR would never not accept unsharpness, if it were
unacceptable in the resultant study. What do those people use?

All of which is relevant if you want sharp IR  images.
All of which is irrelevant if you like what you are getting now.

Or is it pure brain stimulation that you seek....?

Frank Filippone
Red735i at verizon.net