Subject: [Leica] Why Is Art Expensive?
From: jayanand at gmail.com (Jayanand Govindaraj)
Date: Sat, 31 Oct 2015 08:24:22 +0530

Douglas,
When I assess my portfolio of investments over the last 30 years, the
category that has given me the highest return over this period on a CAGR
basis is art, even at normal gallery commissions of 33% in India. Of
course, it is all paper profit, as I have never sold a single work as yet,
as I enjoy seeing them daily on my wall! I have now switched to buying
limited edition/rare photographs from paintings, much more relatively
undervalued, and therefore better bang for the buck.
Cheers
Jayanand