Subject: [Leica] BIG new Leica
From: rgacpa at gmail.com (Robert Adler)
Date: Fri, 30 Oct 2015 15:29:52 -0700

Hi Mark.
Did I mention something about frame lines?
Nor did I mention I was bored with the 240: I really like it. It is missing
some things that I am starting to need both physically and photographically
such as:
1. A proper shutter release when using the EVF
2. Being able to move the magnified EVF focus point around (so that you can
see both near and far are in focus or not without moving the camera and
loosing your composition)
3. Being able to use it for star photography: Good, highISO performance
prohibits the camera for this use, which I am just beginning to enjoy and
explore.
4. Being able to turn off the dark frame exposure function: can't do star
trail photographs without being able to turn this off.

I also noticed that the EVF in the new SL cannot be moved 90deg so that you
are looking down into it (like a Hassy chimney). Too bad: I really like to
do that rather than putting my head sideways and my ear on the ground...

But this just repeats most of my first email. Just don't know where your
comment about frame lines came from...
Best,
Bob