Subject: [Leica] BIG new Leica
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Sat, 24 Oct 2015 17:07:31 -0400

I don't get monopods they give you and extra stop maybe two on a good day
and you use it as a walking stick, to poke people and establish your turf in
a crowd of shooters.
A tripod gives you any f stop you want with any shutter speed or have the
shutter opened for minutes to the hour. To me its a key ingredient to happy
shooting. I used one to shoot the Blood Moon last month and it got the
mothballs off.  Tina the new generation of resin tripods combined with the
very cool tripod head of ones dreams can change your life as you know it.
A commercial photographer dozens have to wonder about the issue its part of
our day to day life. A thing Pj's and street shooters can learn from
commercial photogs I guess. And an advantage combination PJ commercial
photogs have.
A tripod frees you from being stuck behind the camera. You cant watch your
shot evolve and hit the cable release at all the right decisive moments....
Change settings and filters.... All without loosing your shot. Its like
bracketing but not just with f stops any more. Change lenses even.... And
the camera remains constant.

Also I noticed all kinds of resin no Gitzo options out there so its no
longer and arm and a leg transition. They are or seem to be for the most
part "plastic". But very nice plastic with fibers. Fiberglass?
Really nice stuff to have around you more than metal of any kind.