Subject: [Leica] FF Flowers with large pumpkin
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Sun, 18 Oct 2015 15:20:03 -0400

It looked to me that the person who was in charge of the flowers in these
sidewalk tree boxes decided to be a big fat pumpkin in their arrangement as
part of the thing. I think the flowers were arranged around the pumpkin and
not the pumpkin dropped in afterwards. That's just my guess. One too big to
be easily stolen as that's why more don't put pumpkins in their sidewalk
flower patches.
So I've never seen quite this treatment before which is I I clicked a few of
it with my new 35mm lens.  I think the colors all worked maybe because of
the fact that they didn't work. A popular flower concept it think. "if it
doesn't work it works".
In the past I'd seen flowers worked in with pumpkins in high end store
windows on the east side of Manhattan here. This was a working mans street
version of such a combination. Free for the public to walk by and tell their
dogs to not pee on.