Subject: [Leica] OT: sluggish iMac
From: tcharara at mac.com (Tarek Charara)
Date: Thu, 08 Oct 2015 23:05:15 +0200
References: <B807BEE5-37E2-430A-A81E-668812DAB3FD@frozenlight.eu> <2668A96B-1A1C-4666-B7F8-52C8FE217CB6@gmail.com> <BE37AD65-3103-43ED-BDCD-2BEBD180C6A4@cartersxrd.net> <CAH1UNJ24V40CWhY94XDL14j7cJT_3Sa9StB=bY0up5D-N7OGxg@mail.gmail.com> <6EC0FD06-1250-40D5-9406-EFE084002F2E@fastmail.com> <CAH1UNJ1Ctg-NA-teOLzdpAcfv-4wU83=Gq1uabw2TtMvRcvVSQ@mail.gmail.com> <A5907581-7FAB-41C6-A220-F00B08599C61@gmail.com>

Lluis,

Don?t buy the Mac Mini for image processing, it will be slow, probably
slower than your iMac. I have 3 Mac Minis, one is a headless server (2014)
that works fine and is fast for delivering files and handling some server
software. One is on standby and one is my scanning machine. It scans just
fine, but processes images very slowly?
For image processing I have a 2010 MacPro with 32GB RAM, an upgraded Graphic
card, an SSD 1TB drive for system and software and a 12TB internal RAID (5)
disk array. It works very well? If I have to change machines, I would buy an
older 2013 MacPro? and upgrade that. Or maybe a new MacPro, but right I
don?t know where Apple is going. For the time being I?m staying with
Yosemite - I still work and like working with Aperture? Although I have
Lightroom and Capyure One, Aperture is still better IMHO?

J?esp?re que tout va bien en Catalunya sud?

Amii?s,

All the best from Paris!

Tarek

Tarek Charara