Subject: [Leica] Photo from Frankfurt, Germany
From: narbutta17 at gmail.com (Matt Kollasch)
Date: Mon, 14 Sep 2015 22:46:02 +0200

Thanks Montie and Jay. Much appreciated...  I sent the photo to the*
Frankfurter
Allgemeine Zeitung, *but I do not expect an response.

What was interesting to me, besides the photo op, was how professional the
police were. They mingled to make sure violence would be quelled quickly,
but otherwise it was hands off. At one time they all put on their leather
gloves when words were getting heated but it never got beyond those heated
words. Anyway, I took direct photos of the police. One in which an officer
is looking directly in at me. I would be reluctant to do that in the states
if I were not with an official media outlet. Maybe my thoughts about that
are wrong... I have only read about how it can go wrong with the police
sometimes... and I have lived abroad now for nine years. So..?

This was how the police acted in this instance, thus, I can not speak to
the general demeanor of the German police.

Here's the photo of the cop taken with a 35mm lens, no cropping. We were
close to each other.

http://www.kollarfoto.com/lug/2015/9/15/mo1i2em6yztb3cjh35kxzyoqrblgdt