Subject: [Leica] IMGs: Friday: Look at flowers with “invisible” light
From: kcarney1 at cox.net (Ken Carney)
Date: Fri, 11 Sep 2015 18:59:49 -0500

My first digital camera was an Olympus C2020 (1994? earlier?).  I read
that it transmitted IR so I put an 810nm filter on it.  Here are a
couple of shots with it:
http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/kcarney/111002+042.jpg.html
http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/kcarney/Trees_+infrared.jpg.html

I liked the results, but it was a two megapixel camera (1600 x 1200).
Lifepixel.com can convert one of my Fuji XE bodies to 720nm IR for $350,
not a bad deal.  I'll have to check, but I think the benefit is
hand-holding and smaller apertures.  As you say, fascinating, especially
when the summer light is bad for regular photography.

Ken