Subject: [Leica] IMGs: Friday: Look at flowers with “invisible” light
From: george.imagist at icloud.com (George Lottermoser)
Date: Fri, 11 Sep 2015 16:45:37 -0500

On Sep 11, 2015, at 4:26 PM, Ken Carney wrote:

> Didn't know that (obviously).  With the Fuji in bright sun, it is 1/15 and
> 2.8, ISO 2000.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Ken
>
> On 9/11/2015 2:18 PM, George Lottermoser wrote:
>> On Sep 11, 2015, at 2:09 PM, Ken Carney wrote:
>>
>>> Very nice.  That must be a pretty long exposure with that steep a cut.
>>>
>>> Ken

>> Remember that the M8 is VERY infrared sensitive Ken.
>> These exposures are all hand held
>> 1/4 to 1/30 of a second
>> f:2.8 to f:4
>> with the camera set at ISO 320
>> in the late afternoon
>> many in shade
>>
>> When I put the same filter on the M (240)
>> and set the camera at ISO 1250
>> I need a 1/2 sec at f:2
>> and the shadows are seriously underexposed;
>> because the sensor has an IR cutoff filter over it.
>>
>> As do the Fuji sensors.
>>
>> So the M8 is really quite a different IR beast
>> it was [inadvertantly] built as an IR body.

Yes. And those specs you're shooting with are with a 720nm cut off point;
if I understand your kit correctly;
which is actually allowing more IR light in
then my 093 and its 830nm.

All very fascinating;
and why many who want to do IR digital work
have the IR cut off filter removed from the sensor of their "IR camera."

Regards,
George Lottermoser

http://www.imagist.com
http://www.imagist.com/blog