Subject: [Leica] M240 as Scanner
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Tue, 01 Sep 2015 17:36:49 -0400

As other options go a quick glance at the B&H site which I'm sure reflects a
dozen other camera stores they are selling 26 different scanners from a
bunch of different companies. I don't know why on the LUG we seem to be in
the mindset that the only viable scanners should be Nikons made several
digital ages ago as if they are relic gems that no one will ever be able to
match or surpass. Is there any basis for that assumption we can spell out?
The Nikons were made in the infancy of digital technology. I'm sure the can
be beat with today's technology and know how.
These are not toy companies folks.

Plustek OpticFilm 120 Film Scanner $1,849.99 (5300dpi)
Braun MULTIMAG SlideScan 6000   $1,795.00 (5000 dpi)
Pacific Image PF120 Pro Multi-Format Film Scanner (3200dpi)  Color Depth:
48-bit  $1,399.99

--
Mark William Rabiner
Photographer