Subject: [Leica] Thirteen reasons I don't miss the east coast
From: photo.forrest1 at gmail.com (Philip Forrest)
Date: Tue, 18 Aug 2015 13:39:11 -0600

Yeah, I've seen the 500/F rule but I think it may be a little outdated
because our sensors days still bloom when a point of light is
surrounded by dark. Like the sensors are just a little too good and
sensitive for the film rules like that mentioned. Film doesn't bloom or
"leak" like a digital sensor can, when it comes to points of light so
I'd say unless using a top shelf, large pixel (D4, D3, D2Hs) camera
(though your tradeoff is resolution) then we're better off halving that
rule so a 50mm lens is good with 5 or 6 seconds. With my 85mm f/1.4 I
can't do any longer than 2 seconds without seeing drag.

Phil Forrest