Subject: [Leica] Thirteen reasons I don't miss the east coast
From: photo.forrest1 at gmail.com (Philip Forrest)
Date: Tue, 18 Aug 2015 13:11:12 -0600

I recently moved back to New Mexico with my girlfriend Bethanne, and
have been shooting a lot of natural phenomenae (as well as shooting for
a local paper.)
So on one of our favorite places is called White Lakes Rd, about 50
miles southeast of Santa Fe and 60 miles east of Albuquerque.
Last night we went out to stargaze but thunderstorms rolled in so I
set up the camera on a tripod and opened up the shutter.
Here is the full album of images:
http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/PhilForrest/NM_2015/

And here are the lightning:
http://gallery.leica-users.org/d/415449-2/DSC0789_L_E.jpg

http://gallery.leica-users.org/d/415452-2/DSC0790_L_E.jpg

http://gallery.leica-users.org/d/415455-2/DSC0791_L_E.jpg

http://gallery.leica-users.org/d/415458-2/DSC0792_C_E.jpg

http://gallery.leica-users.org/d/415461-2/DSC0793_C_E.jpg

http://gallery.leica-users.org/d/415464-2/DSC0794_C_E.jpg

http://gallery.leica-users.org/d/415467-2/DSC0795_C_L_E.jpg

http://gallery.leica-users.org/d/415470-2/DSC0796_C_E.jpg

http://gallery.leica-users.org/d/415473-2/DSC0797_C_E.jpg

http://gallery.leica-users.org/d/415476-2/DSC0799_C_E.jpg

And here are some several stars with Perseid Meteors:
http://gallery.leica-users.org/d/415218-2/DSC0412_01_E.jpg

http://gallery.leica-users.org/d/415222-2/DSC0511_01_E.jpg

http://gallery.leica-users.org/d/415031-2/DSC0324_01_E.jpg

The star images have a small amount of drag from the rotation of the
earth due to my shooting on a static tripod. I've since made a hinge
tracker and might be able to capture some better images tonight at lower
ISO, longer exposure with less or no drag, if the wind isn't too high.

Thanks all,
Phil Forrest

Replies: Reply from abridge at mac.com (Adam Bridge) ([Leica] Thirteen reasons I don't miss the east coast)
Reply from jhnichols at lighttube.net (Jim Nichols) ([Leica] Thirteen reasons I don't miss the east coast)